[texbirds] Morning at Quinta Mazatlan

  • From: john brush <jimbo-b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:00:25 -0700 (PDT)

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Spent some time birding at Quinta Mazatlan this morning and had some
interesting, if not unusual sightings. An adult Swainson's Hawk has been
hanging around the park for a couple weeks now (really got some Green Parakeets
to panic), and a Bewick's Wren (not a typical visitor at QM) is staying around
as well. Orchard Orioles, and a Hooded Oriole exploring a palm on the road in.
At our ampitheater feeder, I saw an Olive Sparrow show some agression to a
House Sparrow (you tell 'em, Olive Sparrow!).

John Brush
Edinburg, Texas

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  2
Plain Chachalaca  12