[texbirds] More details on Common Crane location

  • From: justin.bosler@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: "'texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx' (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 23:47:47 -0600

Hello all,

The adult Common Crane flew off to Bull Lake to roost just as I hit send on my
original email at about 6:02 PM. For birders making the trip tomorrow and early
in the week, I wanted to follow up with better directions to the site. The
location is approximately 9 mi. south of Sudan on the east side of FM 303 in a
harvested milo field. Provided the cranes return to this field, which is
likely, you can view from a pull off along FM 303 about 0.25 mi. south of CR
282, or perhaps from CR 282 depending on their location in the field. This pull
off is about 1.75 mi. north of FM 54 if you come in from Littlefield.

Good birding,
Justin Bosler

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at