[texbirds] Montgomery County Trumpeter Swan yesterday

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "drbirdie@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:53:07 -0500

Hi All,
I was able to see and photograph the juvenile Trumpeter Swan at Lakeside Park
in Montgomery County yesterday morning, Tuesday December 16, 2014. This small,
birdy park is on Alden Bridge Drive about 15 minutes west of IH 45 in the
Woodlands, Tx. An inconspicuous sign marks the entrance just east of an
elementary school on the south side of Alden Bridge Drive.

I posted several photos of the bird on my Flickr page, and attached several of
them to my eBird checklist.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/thedrbirdie/15423368063/in/photostream/>

I got to the park at about 9 am, met Jean Drummond, who was also there to
photograph the bird. We soon spotted the bird on the far west shore of the lake
and it swam slowly closer to us, allowing good photo opportunities. I then ran
into Larry Carpenter, who has been keeping tabs on this bird in one of his
regular birding haunts. Larry then kindly led me around the trails a bit to see
a few more birds.

Good birding ya'll,
Byron Stone, Austin