[texbirds] Migration in the Texas Panhandle

  • From: "Fordham, Connie" <cfordham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 17:55:11 +0000

spring.   I have recently had Hermit Thrush, lots of American Goldfinches,
Cedar Waxwings, Wilson's Warbler, Nashville Warbler, Macgillvrays Warbler,
Lazuli Bunting, White-crowned Sparrow and Clay-colored Sparrow.  Also have had
Spotted Towhee and Bullock's Oriole visit my yard.   On the WTAMU  campus I
nearly stepped on a gorgeous Western Tanager that dropped down to get a drink
from a puddle.  A week or more ago I saw a Summer Tanager on campus also.
It's been a fun spring in between our awful dust storms.  Too bad that another
one is headed our way this afternoon.

Connie Fordham
Canyon, Texas