[texbirds] McKittrick Wren sounds

  • From: Cameron Carver <c.o.carver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 14:32:12 -0600

Greetings,
I have finally gotten around to posting videos of the wren sounds.
Unfortunately my shotgun mic is kaput and I had to rely on the camera's
capabilities.

In this first clip you can hear and briefly see the first wren that we
found. This wren was fairly uniformly cinnamon. In the background you can
hear the twittering of the second wren that we found. This second wren
started out making very Winter-like sounds and then changed into this
twittering. This second bird had a much paler chin.
http://youtu.be/HD8mYI6SY3w

The second clip has chips from the first bird and twittering from the
second bird.
http://youtu.be/dqw8CpkWJZM

This final clip is only the second bird and its twittering.
http://youtu.be/2mWX5Ew8Ngc

The first bird never did call again while I was there and I lost it soon
after the recording. The second bird called several times as we were
looking for the dipper.

I would love some feedback. Anyone that can extract sound from video and
then analyze it would be greatly appreciated.

Cameron Carver
Lubbock, TX