[texbirds] May 4 to 9, 2014 Photos from West Texas

  • From: "paul sellin" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "pjsellin@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 12:15:59 -0700 (PDT)

I added 48 photos to the Spring 2014 Texas Flickr album. Shots were taken at
the South Llano River State Park and Junction areas, Big Bend NP, Davis
Mountains State Park and the Sandia Wetlands Project near Balmoreah.  The last
thirteen new images are shorebirds from Sandia.  I welcome ID differences of
opinion and suggestions. Images with a "D" are Deloris'.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/43703131@N05/sets/72157642960094904/

Thank you, Rhandy Helton for your Junction area updates. We saw the stockyard's
many Yellow-headed Blackbirds and many species at the Water Treatment Plant.
Thank you, Park Ranger Tara Poloskey and the many volunteers at Davis Mountains
SP.  The Elf Owl was a "hoot," well, a "Yelp" and the tip to go to Sandia great.

Please remember to give to the bird feeding donation boxes or bring seed or
sugar to the State Parks, since most parks don't have budgeted state money for
feeding programs for the birds.  Wonderful volunteers, like those at Davis
Mountains SP and South Llano River SP are counting on us. Sandia also has a
artistic donation box.

Take care,
Paul and Deloris Sellin
SW Houston