[texbirds] MacGillivray’s Warbler on the Katy Prairie?

  • From: Greg Lavaty <greglavaty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 21:42:03 -0800 (PST)

I had my first day of birding for 2013 today and when I set
out this morning I didn’t have high expectations considering the weather.
The excitement of the day came this afternoon
on Sharp Road at the creek crossing west of Hendricks Kennels when I was
checking to see if
any Fox Sparrows were around.  No Fox
Sparrows but I did get a little bird that I believe is a MacGillivray’s
Warbler.

A couple of photos of the bird are here:
http://www.pbase.com/dadas115/new

I think this is a young bird but don’t have much experience
with immature MacGillivray’s Warblers so I welcome feedback from others.

Thanks,

Greg Lavaty
www.texastargetbirds.com
Sugar Land, TX