[texbirds] Love Creek CBC preliminary results

  • From: Martin Hagne <martinhagne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 12:39:12 -0600

Hi all,

We had an awesome 1st Love Creek CBC in NW Bandera Co yesterday... despite the
heavy fog/mist that persisted till almost 2pm!
So far we have "unofficially" 102 species (includes 1 count week bird).     As
I see it that is a great number for a Hill Country count in Bandera county any
day!   Given the weather conditions and this being the inaugural count... it
was great, and this count will grow!
We had 46 participants cover 21 sections, including 19 private ranches.

And a great chili count down dinner afterwards!!!  Even inaugural Love Creek
CBC Christmas tree ornaments for everyone!! :-).

Some of the better rarities:
Bald Eagle
Townsend Solitaire
 Olive Sparrow
Sage Thrasher
Wilson's Snipe
Audubon's Oriole
LeConte's Sparrow
Least Flycatcher
And more...

Thanks to all the counters!  And a big thank you to all the land owners!!!  And
thank you Rebecca Flack for co-compiling!!

Martin Hagne
Bandera, TX.

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at