[texbirds] Living Dinosaurs Feeding Frenzy

  • From: MBB22222@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:38:30 -0400 (EDT)

From all living dinosaur descendants (birds) Brown Pelicans look the most  ‘
prehistoric’ to me. And here they are during incredible feeding frenzy
catching  and swallowing all fishes they can get that were trapped inside the
canal during  incoming tide. I know that most people prefer to look at still
photos but in  this case photos could not possibly show the true action that
only motion  picture can. It is a little lengthy video but the first part
(showing the action  in normal motion) is only one and half minute long. These
who want to see  incredible details of pelican body movements during dive
and plunge might want  to watch another 10 minutes (or part of it) shown in
slow motion. So even if you  usually do not watch video clips give this one a
try and, I hope, it will be fun  to watch at least the first, short part. I
already watched it a few times and  still keep getting amused.

_http://youtu.be/M9JE7T_b1WY_ (http://youtu.be/M9JE7T_b1WY)

Mark B Bartosik
Houston, Texas
_http://www.pbase.com/mbb/from_the_field_