[texbirds] Lazuli Bunting at Tyler SP

  • From: Boyd Sanders <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 19:06:57 +0000

Howdy All!
I've just come from the Blackjack Nature trail here at the park after spotting
a Lazuli Bunting. It was a young male, not quite in full breeding plumage. We
were able to hear it sing and spot it again, about an hour later, so my brother
could get a quick look. I'm hoping that it decides to hang around for
tomorrow's bird tour.

Other birds of note were, Magnolia and Wilson's Warbler, Yellow-breasted Chat,
the three buntings sp., Black-throated Green Warbler and Black-and-White
Warbler. I didn't have much time to look so I didn't get too many birds.
Tomorrow should be better.

Again, join us in the morning at 8:15am at the park headquarters and we do some
birding. I'm thinking that the first thing will be to try and relocate the
Lazuli.

Good birding!

Boyd A. Sanders BBA, CIG
Interpreter/Exhibit Tech

Tyler State Park
789 Park Rd. 16
Tyler, TX 75706

(903)597-5338
boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When All Else Fails, Play Dead- Red Green)

Learn how you can help Texas State Parks: <http://bit.ly/sVdilb>