[texbirds] Late report: Sandhill Cranes overhead in Horseshoe Bend, Weatherford

  • From: Mt Woman <mtwoman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TX-Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 11:21:44 -0500

Sorry about reporting late, but I thought I would anyway, as I found it
very unusual to see Sandhills here this time of year. I saw them on
Thursday the 10th. They were circling up in a thermal, about 300 of them. I
could not stay watching as I was driving out on an errand, so I do not know
what direction they eventually took. And comments on this being unusual?

Tzila "Z" Duenzl
Horseshoe bend, Weatherford, Texas