[texbirds] Laguna Gloria and Camp Mabry -- Saturday 27th

  • From: Elliott Gordon <tengalloncat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:27:45 -0500

Here are highlights from this morning. Robin Doughty birded with me and
Mike Rogan and a couple (Ian and I can't remember his wife's name) were
also at Laguna Gloria. They also saw Yellow and Tennessee Warblers, for at
least 8 warbler species there this morning.
Weird misses of Titmouse, DB Cormorant, Egrets and Herons (other than
Green) at LG and Carolina Wren at CM.

Blue-winged Teal (both, a flock at LG flew into the laguna twice and didn't
land)
American Wigeon (pair at CM)
Red-eyed Vireo (singing at LG)
Northern Parula (singing at LG)
Summer Tanager (pair at LG)
Great Crested Flycatcher (both)
Indigo Bunting (male at CM)
Swamp Sparrow (LG)
Grasshopper Sparrow (LG, near the steps leading away from the ampitheater,
perched cooperatively to see short tail and central white stripe)
Black-throated Green-Warbler (both)
Red-shouldered Hawk (carrying snakes at LG, should have young at CM)
Barred Owl (one adult, one fluffy white young, and one browner young at LG)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak (female at LG)
Swainson's Thrush (LG)
Gray Catbird (heard only, both)
American Redstart (female at CM)
Baltimore Oriole (two bright males at large pond, CM)
Clay-colored Sparrow (two at LG, flock at CM)

Elliott Gordon
AF5HH
NW Austin