[texbirds] Lafitte's Cove 4/11/13

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 13:26:29 -0400 (EDT)

I know I would like to thank John Tharp and John Arvin for helping clear up
 the mystery why it was slow yesterday. What these guys said maid good
sense.  Lafitte's Cove was very slow but there were a few migrants around that
had not  seen yet this year. The main one was the two Am Redstarts that
showed up but did  not come down to the drip. We did have one repeat customer
there several times  during the afternoon. This one Prothonotary Warbler must
have had several  thousand shots taken of him yesterday. Picture link below.

Here at home we woke this morning to 5 Indigo Buntings and still  several
Am Goldfinches and Chipping Sparrows. Off course the Red-winged  Blackbirds
and Brown-headed Cowbirds were still there as well cleaning out my  feeders.
And just a few minutes ago I looked out the front window to see our FOS
Orchard Oriole feeing at one of our hummingbird feeders.

http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBNQ
B#!i=2453003392&k=93MSRRP

David and Jan  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area