[texbirds] Ladder-backed Woodpecker is back on Katy Prairie

  • From: Nina Rach <nrach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 22:11:35 -0700 (PDT)

I was totally surprised this evening, after 6:00, when a Ladder-backed
Woodpecker flew to a nearby tree as I was slowly driving north on Porter Road,
towards Longenbaugh Road. This looks like an adult male bird, red crown is
bordered with white stripe that extends through eye.
I was looking west (into sun) when I saw it and snapped a few pix; will clean
them up and post to FB page tomorrow.
Nina Rach
Houston