[texbirds] Kleb Woods - 32 species in 30 minutes

  • From: "Kleb Woods (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <klebwoods@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 15:58:04 +0000

While putting bird seed out this morning, I found 32 species of birds.
Apparently there was a woodpecker convention at cool corner with 2 Red-bellied
Woodpeckers, 1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, 1 Downy Woodpecker, 4 Northern
Flickers, and 2 Pileated Woodpeckers.  I also had 5 species of sparrows, and
many  other fall/winter species were seen and heard.  Full list is below.
Our next bird walk is Wednesday, November 21st.  It is from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM
and meets at the nature center. As with all of our programs at Kleb Woods, the
bird walks are free and open to the public.  We hope to see you there!

November 17th bird list:

Mourning Dove
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker