[texbirds] Kenedy-Willacy County line birds

  • From: pfoster1@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 22:15:49 +0000

Returning from today's Corpus Christi Audubon Outdoor Club field trip to the
Harlingen area, Judy Kestner and I had two White-tailed Kites together on a
utility line (married perhaps), a Ferruginous Hawk on a neighboring utility
pole and a second Ferruginous on a fence post at the Thomas Charolais Ranch.
The ranch was also playing host to thousands of blackbirds, presumably all
Brewer's, and thousands of Snow Geese with some Ross's in the mix.  Nothing
like a good road trip listening to some classic Beatles and getting some great
birds along the way.
Susan Foster
Rockport
Aransas County

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®Edit your Freelists account
settings for TEXBIRDS at