[texbirds] Houston - Hermann Park bald eagle present on Sat. 1/19 at 11am

  • From: "fernanda" <fernanda.home@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 06:39:50 -0600

At least one bald eagle still at Hermann Park - Houston, TX. I saw one adult
at the HP golf course on Saturday 1/19/13 at 11AM. The eagle's right wing
has a few (?)  missing feathers.  (Last Saturday 1/12/13, I saw 2 adults at
this location.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernandaworld/8396080169/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernandaworld/8396076563/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernandaworld/8396079931/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernandaworld/8396078309/

The Hermann Park bald eagles got some press...several people (not
necessarily birders) were keeping an eye out for the eagles after they read
about the sightings in the local paper.
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Another-attraction-for-Hermann-Park-bald-eagles-4207015.php

Fernanda Araujo
Houston, TX