[texbirds] High Island and Roll over Pass 4-25-13

  • From: "Boyd Sanders" <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 09:06:32 -0500

Wow!  What a trip to High Island.  Left Tyler at 5am and got back about
8:30pm.  Between Boy Scout Woods(BS) and Smith Oaks (SO) we had 22
warbler species including Worm-eating (BS), Swainson's (SO), Magnolia
(both), tons of Yellows (SO), Blackburnian (SO), Bay-breasted (both),
and Cerulean (SO).  Also had amazing looks a tired little Chestnut-sided
that walked almost to my feet and a very cooperative Black-billed
Cuckoo.  I will try to get some of the photos and videos up on the
facebook page. =20

=20

Rollover pass was very busy with most of the Sandpiper and Plover
species that should be there.  Had an amazing spectacle of a huge
liftoff of Skimmers that went right to feeding.  Avocets were there in
large numbers too.  Had a Common Tern on the mudflats along with Black,
Forster's, Royal, gull-billed, and Sandwich.   =20

=20

From the Robin singing, predawn, in my front yard when we left to the
last bird we saw, a Barred Owl land on a lighted billboard, we total 151
species.  =20

=20

Boyd A. Sanders BBA, CIG

Interpreter/Exhibit Tech

=20

Tyler State Park

789 Park Rd. 16

Tyler, TX 75706

=20

(903)597-5338

boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>=20

=20

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

(When All Else Fails, Play Dead- Red Green)

=20

=20

Learn how you can help Texas State Parks: <http://bit.ly/sVdilb
<http://bit.ly/sVdilb> >