[texbirds] Hays and Bastrop Co. May 21

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 14:34:55 -0500

Now that we have the passerine migrants mostly out of the way we can
finally get some real birding in.
Hays Co.

Traill's  Empids..Silent but likely Willow
Black-capped Vireo 1
Warbling Vireo 1 on territory, present for 2 weeks at least.
Swainson's Thrush 1 HO
Yellow Warbler 2
Mourning Warbler 1
McGilivray's Warbler 1
Cassin's Sparrows 2 on territory
Lincoln's Sparrow 1..Quite late...May be my latest in area. (day's hilite)

Utley, Bastrop Co.

Buff-bellied Hummingbird 1..sporadic visitor since 19th
Swainson's Thrush 1..Yesterday eve.
Yellow Warbler 1
Indigo Buntings..2 daily at water..Likely breeders.

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/