[texbirds] "Hawk Alley" (local interest)

  • From: madi.s44@xxxxxxx
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 18:10:10 -0600

this afternoon, returning from a Dr's appt. in Brownsville, we were driving the
approx. 11-mile stretch on Highway 100, from Los Fresnos to Laguna Vista.
There was a veritable visual feast: White-tailed hawks (at least 8) and
White-tailed kites (6) in numbers I've never seen before - one WTKI kiting
practically right in front of us!  Plus the "regulars": Harris', Ospreys,
numerous Kestrels, and a couple of red-taileds. At least 6 or 7 more raptors on
the crossbars of the power lines - too far away / high up to ID.  The ones I
was able to ID, I did so without bins; they were all within easy distance,
right along the road.

Madeleine Sandefur
Laguna Vista, TX

Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at