[texbirds] Green Tailed Towhee- Tejas Camp Williamson Co

  • From: Randy Duncan <osufight@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds TexBirds Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 14:58:23 -0800

I took a short run to Tejas Camp for lunch and refound the GTTO reported on the
Georgetown CBC. Same location on the Northeast side from the bridge. Was about
200 yards down the trail in the last cluster of thicket before the lower trail
cuts left up the hill. Only my second sighting of this elusive bird... my first
sighting about two years ago lasted about a second and had to be verified by
looking at pictures quickly shot by the great Stephen Ramirez....  had  great a
look today for about 5 minutes from 30 ft
Randy Duncan
Leander TX.