[texbirds] Great Horned Owl at San Angelo State Park bird blind

  • From: Bill Wright <wmewrght@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 06:48:47 -0500

Texbirders,

Yesterday evening I spent about two hours sitting by the bird blind here
at San Angelo State Park. Midway through my time about 7 pm a Great
Horned Own flew in and perched on the water feature. He remained about
15 minutes periodically taking a sip of water and then looking around. I
think he spent most of his time staring in my direction trying to figure
out what I was. The temperature must have been 100+. When a skunk with
his tail pointed skyward started walking in my direction, I decided it
was time to head back to the air conditioning!

No sign of the juvenile Bronzed Cowbird seen the day before. I will see
what I can see this morning.

Bill Wright
Houston, TX