[texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Jan 18, 2014

  • From: Mark and Joanie Hubinger <mjhubrr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, KKM50@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 12:15:38 -0600

Hi Texbirders, what a beautiful morning for a birdwalk!  We were joined by
25 participants, which included a very nice group from Bentsen Grove.  We
found some target birds...a NORTHERN-BEARDLESS TYRANNULET at Willow #4 seen
by all!
2 GROOVE-BILLED ANI were seen at Pintail #5 again. And GRAY HAWK from the
parking lot and levee. We had many novice birders who enjoyed great scope
views of the LRGV specialties.
Major & Mary will be leading the 8:30 birdwalks, Sunday through Tuesday.
 We'll be back next Thursday.  HAPPY BIRDING!

Mark & Joanie Hubinger
USFWS Volunteers
Santa Ana NWR
Alamo, Texas