[texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Estero Llano Grande SP WBC (LTC 054), Mar 23, 2013

  • From: imhuck3@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 17:05:01 -0400 (EDT)

 Howdy Texbirders,
 Small group of birders this morning on our Saturday morning bird walk but a
lot of good bird activity. Highlight was to have gotten some great looks at a
Virginia Rail off of the boardwalk at Ibis Pond and then from the deck, put the
scope on it for everyone to see.
 Pectoral Sandpipers, Stilt Sandpipers are feeding in Dowitcher Pond with lots
of other shorebirds and waders. By the time we finished at around noon, the sun
was high in the sky and the heat building. Forecasters were predicting 101 for
a record breaking temp. but don't think it quite reached it, YET.
OK, take a look at my ebird report for what is being seen and what you might
expect to get when visiting Estero this week. Oh, almost forgot--- Seen what
appeared to be an early female Tenn. Warbler. Was not able to see undertail
coverts to make a positive ID, however.   Remember,

Bird for your health,
Forget your worries,
You'll be happier.

 Huck Hutchens, Park Host, Estero Llanno Grande SP/WBC
  Weslaco, TX.

Estero Llano Grande SP WBC (LTC 054), Hidalgo, US-TX
Mar 23, 2013 7:50 AM - 12:05 P
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
86 species

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  13
Fulvous Whistling-Duck  14
Mottled Duck  14
Blue-winged Teal  5
Cinnamon Teal  1
Northern Shoveler  59
Green-winged Teal  20
Ring-necked Duck  6
Ruddy Duck  6
Plain Chachalaca  5
Least Grebe  6
Pied-billed Grebe  1
Neotropic Cormorant  9
American White Pelican  10
Great Blue Heron  3
Great Egret  5
Snowy Egret  6
Little Blue Heron  1
Tricolored Heron  1
Green Heron  4
Black-crowned Night-Heron  3
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron  6
White Ibis  6
Turkey Vulture  3
Northern Harrier  1
Cooper's Hawk  1
Harris's Hawk  1
Virginia Rail  1
Sora  4
Common Gallinule  5
American Coot  60
Killdeer  15
Black-necked Stilt  15
American Avocet  12
Spotted Sandpiper  3
Solitary Sandpiper  2
Least Sandpiper  28
Pectoral Sandpiper  5
Stilt Sandpiper  48
Long-billed Dowitcher  40
White-winged Dove  1
Mourning Dove  12
Inca Dove  2
Common Ground-Dove  2
White-tipped Dove  5
Eastern Screech-Owl  1
Common Pauraque  1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  2
Black-chinned Hummingbird  1
Rufous Hummingbird  1
Buff-bellied Hummingbird  3
Green Kingfisher  1
Golden-fronted Woodpecker  20
Ladder-backed Woodpecker  2
Great Kiskadee  5
Couch's Kingbird  12
White-eyed Vireo  2
Green Jay  1
Northern Rough-winged Swallow  2
Purple Martin  12
Tree Swallow  6
Barn Swallow  1
Cave Swallow  2
Black-crested Titmouse  7
Marsh Wren  1
Carolina Wren  3
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  10
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  3
Northern Mockingbird  6
Long-billed Thrasher  3
Curve-billed Thrasher  2
European Starling  14
Black-and-white Warbler  1
Tennessee Warbler  1     female, summer plummaged
Orange-crowned Warbler  5
Nashville Warbler  1
Common Yellowthroat  3
Yellow-rumped Warbler  12