[texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Estero Llano Grande SP, Mar 3, 2013

  • From: Pat DeWenter <hoocooks4you@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 17:56:40 -0600

21 people joined us on our bird walk today.  We had a lot of nice birds but
bombed out on the Kingfishers today.  However one of our Pauraques returned
to its usual day roost after an absence of over a week.  Highlights for me
were seeing the Rufous and Buff-bellied Hummingbirds (not always easy to
get this year), a Blue-headed Vireo, Ovenbird and a FOS Ash-throated
Flycatcher.  Birds are singing and migration is starting.  It is a
beautiful time of year in the Rio Grande Valley, with the Huisaches in full
bloom and the Retamas getting ready to flower.  COME ON SPRING!!!
Pat DeWenter
Weslaco

Estero Llano Grande SP, Hidalgo, US-TX
Mar 3, 2013 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM