[texbirds] Fwd: BirdsEye-Midland- I-20 Pond/Jenna Welch Nature Ctr. (FWTX 55)-2014-5-24

  • From: Donna Kelly <dkelly163@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 08:39:24 -0500

Midnats John and Shirley and the Kellys braved the elements at I-20
Saturday morning and were greatly rewarded for their efforts. Best birds of
the day were Warbling Vireo - possibly 2 birds as the locations were widely
separated, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, and female American Redstart. The wind and
temperature actually kept the mosquitoes at bay so the morning was really
enjoyable.  Numerous singing Bell's Vireo were an additional treat. A
lingering Cinnamon Teal and a SPOTTED Spotted Sandpiper graced Benchmark
Pond.
The Master Naturalist crew was working at the butterfly garden which is
looking really fabulous, I actually snagged a Monarch there on Friday
morning. We had several Reakirt's Blue and a fresh Question Mark along the
trail. As we left the butterfly garden, a rain storm approached from the
north and the temp dropped noticeably. Raindrops began falling about the
time we reached our vehicles.  We topped off a fantastic morning with
equally fantastic Green Chicken enchiladas at Reynas.  So great to spend
time with the Midnats again.

Midland- I-20 Pond/Jenna Welch Nature Ctr. (FWTX 55)
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 Miles
205 Minutes
Observers: 4
    1    Mallard
    1    Cinnamon Teal
    2    Turkey Vulture
    1    Swainson's Hawk
    1    American Coot
    2    Black-necked Stilt
    2    Killdeer
    1    Spotted Sandpiper
    1    Eurasian Collared-Dove
    31    White-winged Dove
    10    Mourning Dove
    1    Yellow-billed Cuckoo
    1    Greater Roadrunner
    10    Black-chinned Hummingbird
    3    Western Kingbird
    2    Bell's Vireo
    1    Warbling Vireo
    1    Barn Swallow
    3    Cliff Swallow
    2    Verdin
    5    Bewick's Wren
    2    Curve-billed Thrasher
    4    Northern Mockingbird
    1    Common Yellowthroat
    1    American Redstart
    1    Chipping Sparrow
    3    Northern Cardinal
    17    Red-winged Blackbird
    9    Great-tailed Grackle
    11    Brown-headed Cowbird
    6    Bullock's Oriole
    23    House Finch
    X    House Sparrow

This report was created and sent using BirdsEye BirdLog
(http://<http://birdseyebirding.com/>
birdseyebirding.com/ <http://birdseyebirding.com/>)

--
Donna Kelly