[texbirds] Fw: Re: RFI: Black-bellied Plover chicks and one-winged Whi te Pelican ...

  • From: "Alan Wormington" <wormington@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 23:12:50 GMT

It is WAY too early for a juvenile Black-bellied Plover to be arriving anywhere.

Here at Point Pelee (Lake Erie), the earliest juveniles EVER are August 26
(2005), August 31 (1996) and September 2 (2003).  On today's date of July 25, I
doubt if any juvenile currently in the Arctic is even capable of flight.

If the birds now in Texas look like immatures, they are undoubtedly
one-year-olds (born in 2012).

Alan Wormington
Leamington, Ontario