[texbirds] Frontera Audubon Zone-tailed Hawk still here

  • From: SeEtta Moss <seettam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 13:31:32 -0600

Though I feel pretty sure I saw a Zone-tailed Hawk fly in to a distant palm
tree at 6:10 p.m. last night to roost, I did not see any identiable field
marks but just the gizz.  However, about 20 minutes ago I spotted a
Zone-tailed Hawk perched and got photos that identify it (more on that
later when I can upload photos).  It was on north side of the Frontera
Audubon Center property.
SeEtta Moss
Colorado birder staying in Pharr
Personal blog @