[texbirds] Re: Frigatebird at Joe Pool Lake,near Arlington

  • From: Barbara Tompkins <ptbunting11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: keithlockhart@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 21:17:53 -0500

This afternoon from 2:30 to 3:30, I made a quick trip to Cedar Hill State
Park and Joe Pool Lake. I searched the lake from various vantage points
from north to south on the east side of the lake from the state park. I saw
nothing that resembled a frigatebird. At least one other birder went to the
state park shortly after the report this morning and also saw nothing.
Birders who are have time to check the DFW area lakes this weekend should
be on the alert just in case the bird is still around.

Barbara Tompkins
Colleyville, TX
Tarrant County