[texbirds] Frederich Wilderness Park

  • From: Lora Render <lorarend@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 21:27:29 -0500

Hi Everyone,
I arrived at the park roughly at 2:30, as soon as I started walking the trails
I could hear the GCWA's singing and by the time I reached the windmill I had 7
singing GCWA's, the best photos I got were near the windmill when one appeared
along the trail slightly above my head on a Juniper, then flew to the ground
where it picked up a bug and flew to a nearby branch, other highlights were the
pair of Hermit Thrushes, one came in to bathe at the water, a singing Black and
White Warbler and a Hutton's Vireo that I was unable to locate near the
windmill.

Flickr photos attached:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/texaslorarend/16842932926/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/texaslorarend/16867618792/in/photostream/