[texbirds] Re: Fork-tailed Flycatcher at Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge

  • From: "Rex Stanford" <calidris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TEXBIRDS" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <laguna.atascosa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 19:59:26 -0600

We spent considerable time this afternoon (11/28/14)  in the area described
by Ranger Marion Mason but failed to re-find the Fork-tailed Flycatcher.
Numerous other birders were also involved in the search in that area this
afternoon, but none to whom we spoke had either seen it themselves or knew
of a sighting this afternoon. We wondered if this bird might, in a search
for insects, have moved west to the now water-filled resaca that crosses
Lakeview Drive, but we failed to find it there too. As we left the area late
this afternoon we again failed to find this bird at its previous location
(this morning), and those to whom we spoke on the way out had experienced
the same disappointment. It might be worth a try tomorrow morning in regard
to this bird, given today's morning sightings. We will be unable to try that
ourselves tomorrow, but we convey best wishes to those who seek it!

Rex and Birgit Stanford
McAllen, TX