[texbirds] Flammulated Owl pieces

  • From: SeEtta Moss <seettam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 00:50:14 -0600

As noted in other posts on the Flammulated Owl Sunday views, we just saw
pieces of it at a time as the owl was wisely tucked into the backside of a
tree on the side away from the direction of the wind and us birders.
Everyone kept their distance and stayed outside the 'no trespass' barriers
and refrained from using flash as requested by those responsible for that
area so the owl did not appear disturbed by the often large number of
birders peering at it.  I did get a couple of photos showing it's talons,
tail and the general view that I have uploaded to my Birds and Nature
blo<http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com>g.

SeEtta Moss
Colorado birder staying in Pharr
Blogging for Birds and Blooms magazine @