[texbirds] Ferruginous Hawks on King Ranch

  • From: Jim Sinclair <jim.sinclair@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 07:58:57 -0600

This may be a good year for Ferruginous Hawks in Kleberg County. Two
different birds have been seen on the King Ranch recently - one dark phase
on Laureles, and a normal plumage bird on Santa Gertrudis. Overall raptor
numbers and variety also seem especially good so far.
Overall waterfowl numbers are still down, but we have had Wood Ducks and
Purple Gallinule. Audubon's Orioles are again being seen intermittently.

--
Jim Sinclair (TX-ESA)
TOS Life Member

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein