[texbirds] FW: Century Club Listing

  • From: "Frank Bumgardner" <fbumgardner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:22:40 -0500

From: Frank Bumgardner [mailto:fbumgardner@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:24 PM
To: 'texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Century Club Listing

After reading Anthony Hewetson's  message concerning his first county with
100 species, I checked mine also. My first county with 100 species was Tom
Green County on April 23 1978 with a Clay-colored Sparrow, a life bird. In
checking all counties with 100 species, I had only two life birds as my
100th species in a county. The above and Yellow Rail in Chamber County on
April 5th 1995. Only twice have I had the same species for number 100 in two
counties. Cattle Egret in Aransas and Hill counties, and Groove-billed Ani
in Cameron and Nueces. Make some interesting comparisons.

Frank Bumgardner

China Spring, TX