[texbirds] FOS black capped vireo

  • From: melissa isom <isommelissa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 19:14:41 -0700 (PDT)

Today, My husband and I drove out to Kerr Wildlife Management Area.  Not long
after
turning into the park we spotted the male Golden Cheeked warbler foraging up in
an Oak tree.
We drove a little further and I saw some movement in some Scrub Oak, I spotted
an
 Orange Crowned Warbler and saw some more movement and noticed a black head.
He came out into the open and it was a male Black-Capped Vireo!  He was really
beautiful.
He was not vocalizing at all, I was just really lucky to see him.
For directions, go West past the main entrance to Kerr Wildlife Management area
and the
next road to the right in Houston Schumacher (still in KWM) the Golden Cheeked
was about
0.2 mile into the park, the Black Capped was down further about another 0.3
mile on the right