[texbirds] Ellis County Prairie Falcon

  • From: Ted Drozdowski <muddykayak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 13:30:59 -0600

Hello,
     Mike Wease and I went back down to the Bardwell area this morning to
look for the Rough-legged Hawk I found yesterday. (See texbirds post from
Jan 25.)  We did not find the RLHA but we did find a juvenile Prairie
Falcon in the same general area.  The bird was seen from EB Lane .3 miles
southeast of Bacak Road.  This area is about a mile west of the town of
Bardwell in southern Ellis County.  We did see some longspurs along Farmer
Rd but they were very distant and mostly hidden.  Also along Cut-Off road
we had a mixed flock of longspurs that was most likely McCown's and
Laplands.  For directions to these areas see yesterday's posts. (Yesterday
I had Laplands from Farmer Road and McCown's from Cut-off Road.)
     Ted Drozdowski
     Midlothian, TX