[texbirds] El Paso Golden Crowned Sparrow

  • From: "Bonnie Deming" <bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TEXBIRDS POST-TO ADDRESS " <TEXBIRDS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 08:47:54 +0930

I'm visiting in El Paso and went to the Franklin Mtns State Park bird blind
yesterday (Monday about noon). In addition to the "usual suspects" we were
pleased to get good views of a Golden Crowned Sparrow, which is not to be
expected, I don't believe.

The usual suspects were: 50 White Wing Doves, 4 Scaled Quail, 1 Gambel's Quail,
35 House Finches, 10 Black-throated Sparrows, 1 Black-chinned Hummer, 25
Mourning Doves, 2 Canyon Towhees, 5 Great Tailed Grackles, 1 Cactis Wren, and 1
Ladder-backed Woodpecker.

Bonnie Deming
In El Paso
Home is Houston