[texbirds] Crossbills at Ray Roberts State Park 1-28-13

  • From: "Boyd Sanders" <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 11:27:55 -0600

Howdy All!

=20

I took a quick trip to Ray Rob SP yesterday to see the Red Crossbills.
After hanging out behind the main office for about a half an hour, a
flock of 8 crossbills flew into a nearby pine.  They stayed in that pine
for almost 45 minutes and afforded great looks.  I was able to get some
really mediocre video of them feeding.    Another bonus, I got to meet
Mr. Jack Chiles of Hagerman fame and he was kind enough to let me have a
few of the really nice photos that he was able to get.  I'll tell you,
half the fun of birding is getting to meet the folks that share the
interest. =20

=20

If you are thinking about heading to Ray Rob for the crossbills, I would
recommend it.

=20

Good birding,=20

=20

Boyd A. Sanders BBA, CIG

Interpreter/Exhibit Tech

=20

Tyler State Park

789 Park Rd. 16

Tyler, TX 75706

=20

(903)597-5338

boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>=20

=20

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

(When All Else Fails, Play Dead- Red Green)

=20

=20

Learn how you can help Texas State Parks: <http://bit.ly/sVdilb
<http://bit.ly/sVdilb> >