[texbirds] Colorado County

  • From: Allen <allenreyer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Texas Birds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 13:16:38 -0600

Had a bird at my sunflower feeder today that I've struggled to ID. Best guess
is a female Orchard Oriole, but never heard of one coming to a sunflower
feeder. It was a pale yellow, with an orangish tail, with no black in it. Had
two prominent wing bars and some white in the primaries. Only other possibility
would be Western Tanager, but the beak was more like oriole.

Any other thoughts? Hope it comes back for a better look.

Al Reyer
Columbus, TX

Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at