[texbirds] Cassin's Sparrow at Hornsby Bend

  • From: Sam Fason <scfason@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 18:57:31 -0500

Birded Hornsby Bend today with AJ Johnson and Nate McGowan. The highlight
was a Cassin's Sparrow that we found along the river trail, which was a
county lifer for me. Other good birds were an Anhinga, American
Golden-Plover, and tons of Franklin's Gulls that were flying over the ponds
around 1:30 (we estimated around 300, split into maybe 4 different groups
that flew over within 20 minutes of eachother). Also had my FOY Eastern and
Western Kingbirds
CASP: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57637231@N04/8646972860/in/photostream/
EAKI: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57637231@N04/8647092750/in/photostream/
Good Birding,