[texbirds] Re: California Gull (?????????) the consensus is in...

  • From: Monte <monte.phillips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 13:05:41 -0600

First off, let me thank ALL of the many who responded.  As I knew in the
back of my mind, but the imagination argued against.  There are three
laughing gulls, one ring-billed, and of course the oyster catcher.   I
was certain of the back ring-billed, and the front right Laughing...but
I just couldn't force my imagination to agree with my common sense on
those two left-hand Laughings.

Joe Fischer gave me a very good tip, that I completely was missing...the
size of the California would have been much larger, so I learned another
thing to look for more closely.  My gull skills don't exist, so every
little bit helps.

--
Monte
"We are all capable of believing things which we know to be untrue, and then,