[texbirds] Broad-tailed Hummingbird, Swainson's Thrush, Yellow Warbler(s), Gage Gardens, Marathon, Brewster Co.

  • From: Matthew York <mwayork@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 17:51:54 -0500

Broad-tailed Hummingbird(s) could be heard all afternoon at Gage Gardens
this warm afternoon.  These observations of mine often come (well recently)
from the periphery of my eyes and ears as I do other less necessary things
during certain work details.

Another Swainson's Thrush was easily seen.  Yellow Warbler continues to be
seen and heard from this location.  A week ago, or so, I saw a female YEWA
from this location and I hope she stuck around for all this singing around
the area.

Osprey was also noted being mobbed my kingbirds.  Osprey seem to hang with
Hwy 90 out here on Visual Flight Ratings.  Just travelling with the highway
to L. Amistad in the fall, and from Amistad in the spring.

-Matt York
Marathon
Brewster Co.

--