[texbirds] Black Terns again

  • From: "Darrell Vollert" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "dvollert1967@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Rio Brazos Audubon <brazosaudubon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 10:31:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Texbirders,

Seven inches of rain in the Chappell Hill area over the last three days has
flooded the Brazos River bottom east of Chappell Hill again. This morning(5/28)
I counted 26 Black Terns feeding over a flooded pasture along FM2447. In the
same flooded field I observed 5 Blue-winged Teal, 10 Northern Shovelers, and
what appeared to be phalaropes. The birds were too far away to ID with my
binoculars. Swainson's Hawk, Crested Caracara, singing Horned Larks, and
singing Dickcissels were also encountered along FM2447.

Darrell Vollert
Chappell Hill