[texbirds] Birds at the Nature Discovery Center in Russ Pitman Park

  • From: birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 16:11:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

This morning there was a flurry of bird activity, including 8 warbler species,
in the park.  Several birders found some new migrants as well as some of the
same species that were here the last few days.  It really slowed down by 11:30
or so though there are still a few of these species in the park.

This morning's list:

Broad-winged Hawk -2 overhead
Yellow-billed Cuckoo - 1
E. Screech Owl - 2 ad & 1 imm.(peeking out of box)
Chuck-will's Widow - 1 (still in park - on horiz pecan limb -  center of west
fence line)
Ruby-throated Hummer - 1M
Eastern Wood-Pewee - 1-2
Least Flycatcher - 1
Great-Crested Flycatcher - 2-3
Yellow-throated Vireo - 1
Philadelphia Vireo - 1
Swainson's Thrush - 1
American Robin - 1
Gray Catbird - 1
Tennessee W. - 1
Yellow W. - 1M
Chestnut-sided W. - ab 4 (M&F)
Magnolia W - ab 10 (M&F)
Ovenbird - 1
Canada W - 1M
Common Yellowthroat - 1F
American Redstart - ab 8 (M&F & juv M)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak - 1F
Orchard Oriole - M&F
Baltimore Oriole - 1M

Join our free Lunch with the Birds Walk next Wednesday May 14th at noon.

The Nature Discovery Center is located in Russ Pitman Park, 7112 Newcastle,
between Bellaire Blvd and Evergreen St, just inside Loop 610 in Bellaire TX.

Mary Ann Beauchemin
Senior Naturalist
Nature Discovery Center
[mbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx](javascript:void(0);)
713-667-6550 (phone)
713-667-7654 (fax)

For more information about the Nature Discovery Center, our programs and how
you can support our work, visit www.naturediscoverycenter.org