[texbirds] Birds and bird walks in Russ Pitman Park, Bellaire

  • From: birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 20:04:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

Here is a list of birds we have seen at the Nature Discovery Center in Russ
Pitman Park, (Bellaire) over the last week:

Laughing Gulls (overhead)
Cooper's Hawk
Broad-winged Hawks
Red-tailed Hawk
Mourning Doves
White-winged Doves
Eastern Screech Owls
Chimney Swifts (starting 3/27/13)
Calliope Hummingbird - m
Rufous Hummingbird - ad m
Red-bellied Woodpeckers
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downey Woodpeckers
Great Crested Flycatchers
Purple Martins - overhead
White-eyed Vireo
Blue Jays
Carolina Chickadees
Ruby-crowned Kinglets
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers
American Robins
Northern Mockingbird
Cedar Waxwings
E Starlings
Orange-crowned Warblers
Northern Parulas
Black & White Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warblers
Wilson's Warbler (was here all winter!)
Hooded Warbler - m
Northern Cardinals
Red-winged Blackbirds -f
Common Grackles
American Goldfinch - m&f
House Finch
House Sparrow

I have NOT seen nor hear a Carolina Wren in the park for the last several
months!  If anyone finds one here - please write it up on our bird board!

Join our free Lunch with the Birds Walks starting at noon on Wednesdays through
May 9th and our Early Evening Birdwalks Tuesdays at 6pm through May 1st.

Russ Pitman Park is located at 7112 Newcastle between Bellaire Blvd and
Evergreen St just inside Loop 610 in Bellaire TX.

Mary Ann Beauchemin
Senior Naturalist
Nature Discovery Center
mbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
713-667-6550 (phone)
713-667-7654 (fax)

For more information about the Nature Discovery Center, our programs and how
you can support our work, visit www.naturediscoverycenter.org