[texbirds] Bear creek park

  • From: Clayton Leopold <passerinaciris12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 08:52:55 -0600

I've been birding bear creek park this morning and man are the birds here. They
are all right in your face, this is some of the best views I have ever had
of a pine warbler! Huge flocks of yellow-rumped and pine warblers mixed
with bluebirds and chipping sparrows. I still haven't seen my target birds:
red breasted nuthatch and golden crowned kinglet.
I am headed down to corpus area tomorrow to find: burrowing owl, golden
crowned kinglet, lesser black backed, bonapartes, and California gull,
black and surf scoter, nelsons and grasshopper sparrow. And look for those
Matagorda tundra swans. If anyone know of any hotspots or good sights to
find these birds, any info would be greatly appreciated.

--
Clayton & Linsey Leopold
Texas City