[texbirds] Re: Bear Creek 1/23

  • From: Joseph Kennedy <josephkennedy36@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: carolyn_dill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 12:04:51 -0600

Was out there too and no pewee either. But no real flock of birds that the
pewee hangs with. Still red-breasted nuthatches. And real bluebird weather
with lots of bluebirds every where. Males starting to sing and court and
pairs were looking into holes. Chipping sparrows with the big flock near
the county buildings.
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Carolyn Dill
<carolyn_dill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Harder to find Greater Pewee in the morning, at least under fog
> conditions. I kept looking until about 11 a.m. Good woodpecker day,
> and also saw a brown creeper, American pipets, over 100 American
> goldfinches. I stuck mainly to Esquestrian Trailhead,
> RR #8 thru #10.
>
> Pileated Woodpecker
> Red headed Woodpecker
> Red bellied Woodpecker