[texbirds] Baytown Nature Center Bird Count on 7/18/13

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, salliesherman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tracey.Prothro@xxxxxxxxxxx, Christina.butcher@xxxxxxxxxxx, MaryAlice.Trumble@xxxxxxxxxxx, Jina.Faith@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:38:53 -0400 (EDT)

Here are yesterdays count results from the Baytown Nature Center for July.
Extremely high tides kept shore bird numbers down since there were no
exposed  beaches for them. My thanks to everyone who participated on this warm
morning.  There were 5 other participants. I might add the Basket flowers were
beautiful  and we should see continued blooming as a result of the recent
rains.
          51 species       29 Black-bellied  Whistling-Duck  2 Mottled Duck
 8 Neotropic  Cormorant  20 Brown Pelican  10 Great Blue  Heron  6 Great
Egret  20 Snowy Egret  15 Little Blue  Heron  9 Tricolored  Heron  5 Cattle
Egret  2 Black-crowned  Night-Heron  13 Yellow-crowned  Night-Heron  5 White
Ibis  1 Roseate  Spoonbill  4 Black Vulture  1 Turkey Vulture  1 Osprey  1
Swainson's  Hawk  3 Killdeer  14 Black-necked  Stilt  54 Laughing Gull  4
Least Tern  47 Forster's Tern  3 Royal Tern  1 Sandwich Tern  1 Rock Pigeon  1
Eurasian  Collared-Dove  64 White-winged  Dove  9 Mourning Dove  12 Common
Nighthawk  55 Chimney Swift  1 Ruby-throated  Hummingbird  3 Red-bellied
Woodpecker  2 Downy  Woodpecker  2 Eastern  Kingbird  4 Scissor-tailed
Flycatcher  2 Loggerhead  Shrike  6 Blue Jay  75 Purple Martin  6 Barn Swallow
1
Cliff Swallow  15 swallow sp.  1 Carolina  Chickadee  6 Carolina Wren  6
American Robin  16 Northern  Mockingbird  20 European  Starling  19 Northern
Cardinal  4 Red-winged  Blackbird  14 Great-tailed  Grackle  4 Brown-headed
Cowbird  3 House  Sparrow
David  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
Chambers County