[texbirds] Bastrop to Hornsby

  • From: Bryce Hardway <brycehardway21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:08:59 -0500

Hello all!

Went to Bastrop SP for the Red-headed Woodpeckers today. Special thanks to Mr
Joseph Hood for helping us out! As soon as we stepped out of the car we had 2
calling in a tree. Then another joined them, with a different one calling! 4 in
total! No more nemesis bird here! (Besides Yellow-green Vireo of course) Went
to Shipp Lake next and had a dozen Anhingas and a Tricolored Heron. I spotted a
flock of Black Terns across the lake for my 300th year bird! Laurie Foss then
posted that the Piping Plover and Short-billed Dowitcher were at Hornsby. Ended
up driving over there and picked both of those up. Thank you Vincent O'Brian
for the Piping Plover!

Great day of birding!

Bryce Hardway
Lago Vista, TX

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at