[texbirds] Austin highlights 4/20/13 - St. Edwards Park Hooded Warbler and Eastern Wood-pewee, Anderson Mill parulas and Black-throated Green Warblers

  • From: Rich Kostecke <rkost73@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 13:50:25 -0700 (PDT)

I spent an hour birding my Anderson Mill (NW Austin, Williamson Co.)
neighborhood this morning and had a good sprinkling of migrants with multiple
Northern Parulas and Black-throated Green Warblers being the highlights.  My
list:
Great Blue Heron  1
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron  3
Turkey Vulture  3
Sharp-shinned Hawk  1
Broad-winged Hawk  1
White-winged Dove  85
Inca Dove  2
Chimney Swift  5
Black-chinned Hummingbird  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  2
Downy Woodpecker  2
Great Crested Flycatcher  1
Blue-headed Vireo  3
Blue Jay  8
Bewick's Wren  3
Carolina Wren  4
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  1
American Robin  1
Northern Mockingbird  6
European Starling  12
Cedar Waxwing  15
Black-and-white Warbler  1
Orange-crowned Warbler  2
Nashville Warbler  8
Northern Parula  4
Yellow-rumped Warbler  1     myrtle
Black-throated Green Warbler  4
Clay-colored Sparrow  3
Summer Tanager  1
Northern Cardinal  5
Red-winged Blackbird  2
Common Grackle  1
Great-tailed Grackle  23
House Finch  4
American Goldfinch  6
House Sparrow  18
Later in the morning, I spent about 3 hours at St. Edwards Park (Austin, Travis
Co.) where a female Hooded Warbler near the north end of the park and an
Eastern Wood-pewee were the highlights.  My list:

Turkey Vulture  3
White-winged Dove  5
Mourning Dove  2
Black-chinned Hummingbird  7